Job and Internship Opportunities
November 20, 2013 - Calling all college students home for winter break! Spend your winter break with Conserve Lake County, gain valuable work experience and boost your resume with this great internship opportunity! Do you have a passion for conservation? Are you interested in learning about non-profit management? Spend your winter break with us and learn from experts in the field of conservation and have a little fun while you’re at it!
Conserve Lake County is looking for qualified interns to work during their Winter Break (Dec-January). Conserve Lake County’s mission is to preserve open land, restore natural areas, and inspire a commitment to land conservation for the benefit of people and wildlife in Lake County.
Interns will be working on a variety of meaningful projects to further the mission of Conserve Lake County while building skills to further their career development. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and compile reports on best practices in the industry.
- Research and write articles on conservation topics for newsletters.
- Assist in creation of social media strategies.
- Conduct general office administrative duties.
- Assist with outdoor conservation projects.
Skills & Knowledge:
The successful candidate will be a team player who enjoys working both in a team environment and on individual projects. The candidate should be a self-starter that is eager to grow their professional skills. The candidate should be enrolled in or recently graduated from a 2 or 4 year institution, all areas of study are welcome to apply including but not limited to: Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Environmental Science, Biology, Botany, and Conservation. Candidates should possesses strong communication skills both oral and written and be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Candidates will be required to work Monday- Friday 25-30 hours per week on a set schedule.
- Internship start & end dates will be determined by individual university winter break schedules. The office will be closed December 24th- January 1st.
Interns will be paid a stipend for their services.
Conserve Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you interested in volunteering in our office, at an event, or at one of our monthly restoration workdays? Learn more